Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Satur- day.

Hi! :)

So I said I'd update more often, so here I am. Doing a daily update, on what I'm up to on my day.


Today, I woke up around 10am because of a loud conversation outside my room door. -.-'
Our electricity went all retarded. Apparently our tv started smoking, and Esther's room light when 'POP' and stuff. So I woke up immediately to put on some shorts. And no, I was not sleeping in my panties. I was sleeping with my pj shorts, and just incase I needed to run out of my house, I'd look decent.
So yea, my dad, Esther and I were there for a few hours hoping that our things won't get on fire.

Thankfully, it wasn't close to that. We were really grateful that we were home when this happened. And, only OUR floor had problems with electricity. Hm. But yea, it's one thing that happened. Also, it's apparently really common to have your electricity cut frequently in Malaysia. *sigh. And, the internet here is sooooooooooooo slow. Jovey was right :(

So the whole morning and afternoon, we spent our time in our home-pjs and just chilled. We ended up getting ready around mid afternoon to have a late lunch, and due to some problems, we left the house around 3pm -.-' typical. The plan was to go to Suria ( a shopping mall in the city ) But, because we didn't have much time, we went to Maple Cafe to eat.

My day was pretty much boring. I went to badminton, came back around 6pm and decided not to go to youth because I couldn't be bothered getting ready in such a short time, so I chilled at home. With Esther, again. We wanted to go to Lucy's kitchen to have desert, but my mum said she'll be home late, so we wouldn't have transport back, so we ended up staying at home. And I made desert for us both!

Okay, so back in the days, when we were young, Esther and I would play with our food. We had such an 'imagination' back then. We would pretend we were tv show presenters trying food, food judges, advertisement people, cooks, etc.

I used to make - not make, but mix Strawberries and Vanilla ice scream together, to make both of those ingredients taste better. I know that it sounds simple, and honestly, it is. But this particular way that I do it, actually makes it taste much better instead of just eating strawberries and ice scream together.


But yea, this is how it ended up. I know it looks a bit messy, but hey! You just have to blame the humid weather. My house isn't exactly a refrigerator, so you'd expect my ice scream to melt in minutes.



mehehehe. Esther eating my 'creation'. She said it tasted so good. So I joked about how it's good enough to be on the menu for Lucy's kitchen, and she said it really does! :D gosh, feels so good when people appreciate your innovation.

But yea, honestly. This Strawberry Ice scream thing is so simple. And what makes it so good is actually how you - hm, how do I put it? well, it's how you arrange and place the strawberries. I mean just simply cutting the strawberries and putting it on the ice scream or around it tastes good too, but what makes it better, is another thing. Well, the 'secret', is to dice the strawberries. Yes, dice the strawberries. into like mini cubes, not mash it, but into really mini cubes. And Cut some of your strawberries like normal oval/round shaped.

Okay, here it goes. You scoop a scoop of ice scream, and put it in the middle of a bowl. take like a spoon/chopstick and poke a hole through the middle of the scoop of ice scream. So it's kinda like a donut - an ice scream with a hole in the middle. and you fill the hole with mini diced strawberries. Then, you scoop another scoop and put it on the top, and you could choose to repeat the first step. and then close the second scoop with a last scoop. and you put the round/oval shaped strawberries around the scoops of ice scream, and tada!

But um, yea, I didn't do that today, just because I don't know where my ice scream scoop went... So I just used 2 spoons and attempted to make my own retarded donut shape to fill my diced strawberries. and I only  scooped 2 scoops, so yea, excuse my presentation.



Notice the tiny diced strawberries under the ice scream?

THIS! ^
Yes, this is what makes it taste good. The thing is, when you fill the 'donut hole' with diced strawberries, the coldness of the ice scream actually freezes the mini diced strawberries, making them taste like mini strawberries ice cubes. Yes, it really does taste like that! 

In the beginning of my desert attack, yes, the oval/round shaped strawberries and ice scream tasted good, but what tastes great is the diced strawberries and ice scream! Honestly, heaven. You really have to try it.

So yea, that is my 'innovation' , my simple simple trick to eating vanilla ice scream and strawberries... LEWL. whipped cream and chocolate sauce is optional :) I like it plain though, just so you can really taste the strawberries. Mm.. Yum!

Anyways, that's that. Goodnight.

Oh, and here's 2 funny pictures Esther decided to amuse me with.



It's okay, I told her I'd post it up :3 So I did get her approval! LEWL.

Don't you wish to have my younger sister? :P

4 comments: